APICTA – Asia Pacific ICT Alliance, is an association of ICT communities nominated by our member economies in the region, who come together in the spirit of collaboration, forming a cooperative network to promote technology innovation and encouraging the development of indigenous ICT solutions for the global market via an annual awards program.
APICTA’s 16 member-economies work together to assist in bridging the digital divide amongst our member countries which include Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Macao, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam. The annual awards program is unique in that it brings together large and small business, entrepreneurs, public sector, start-ups, not for profit and students in a single program.
The awards, generally held around November/December each year, provides participants with valuable networking and mentoring opportunities with industry leaders and influencers. The program includes valuable business matching opportunities with access to venture capitalists and investors.
To be the preferred alliance, for the Asia Pacific economies, which catalyzes collaboration, innovation, talent development, entrepreneurship, wealth creation and advancement in information and communications technology.
Providing the platform to catalyse and recognise indigenous ICT innovations and to stimulate economic & workforce development, trade relations and technology collaboration in the Asia Pacific region.
As a not-for-profit and apolitical organization, APICTA has the following objectives:
- To identify and recognise innovative indigenous ICT products, solutions, services and applications.
- To promote the development and market deployment of ICT products and solutions.
- To promote and facilitate trade, technology exchange and collaborations amongst APICTA members.
- To contribute to the development of ICT talents in the Asia Pacific region.
APICTA Awards Goals
- To identify and recognize ICT innovations by organizing and host APICTA Awards annually by a member economy
- To promote the development and deployment of ICT products and solutions
- Business matching through multiple networking platforms i.e. across member economies
- Business pitching to investors, potential partners and customers
- To promote and facilitate trade, technology exchange and collaboration
- Business expos, seminars and trade missions across member economies
- R&D collaborations between industry and R&D organization including IHLs
- Technology sharing initiative amongst member economies
- To contribute to the development of ICT Talents
- Sharing of knowledge among ICT experts in the region through selected IHLs
- Job placements for ICT talents among member economies
Host Economies for the Previous Years
Past APICTA Awards have been held in:
- 2022 Islamabad, Pakistan
- 2021 Malaysia (Virtual)
- 2019 Halong, Vietnam
- 2018 Guangzhou, China
- 2017 Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2016 Taipei
- 2015 Sri Lanka
- 2014 Indonesia
- 2013 Hong Kong
- 2012 Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
- 2011 Pattaya, Thailand
- 2010 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2009 Melbourne, Australia
- 2008 Jakarta, Indonesia
- 2007 Singapore
- 2006 Macao
- 2005 Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 2004 Hong Kong
- 2003 Bangkok, Thailand
- 2002 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2001 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Entry to the awards program is open to the winners of similar awards programs in each member economy. Companies are nominated by their economy and travel to the awards where they present their solution to a panel of judges. Judges come from every member-economy, which ensures a fair and equitable judging process.
The current and past executive committee, organizers, judges, participants and winners as well as merit awards recipients of the APICTA Awards Program and other APICTA activities, are members of APICTA, Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Network. So through APICTAN a mutual and ongoing cooperation can be established in the region and among the respective economies.
Eligibility to apply for membership:
- Open to all Asia Pacific economies as per the list here
- A locally registered ICT-based organization that is supported by the government
- A government agency that represents the interests of the ICT industry
- Organization or agency approved as member must organize their local APICTA Award (local ICT Award)
- At any time, only maximum of two (2) organizations will be approved to represent a member economy
- Membership fee is obligatory to all members and is non-refundable
Alumni & Network
APICTAN or The Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Network, consists of all nominees, winners and merit award recipients. And those individuals who have founded APICTA, served as Executive Committee, Sub-Committee and all who has served as the judges during the APICTA Awards competition.
Through this APICTA website, we can build a framework of networking and cooperation, not only to focus on the sharing of knowledge and benchmarking of innovations, but also to facilitate alliances to provide benefits to the ICT in all member economies.
The Global Digital Economy is fast evolving and is driven by this knowledge-based culture facilitated by ICT. Such culture is devoid of borders, and the full value can only be realized through close networking across communities and economies. Such networking will promote the sharing of knowledge which will contribute to narrowing the digital divide as well as boosting the efficiency of economic growth.
List of APICTA Executive Committee Chairperson:
|2023 –||Fulvio Inserra||Australia|
|2018 – 2022||Stan Singh||Malaysia|
|2015 – 2017||Dr. Dileepa de Silva||Sri Lanka|
|2014 – 2015||Dr. Dileepa de Silva||Sri Lanka|
|2012 – 2014||Ir. Stephen Lau||Hong Kong|
|2010 – 2012||Sutee Satanasathaporn||Thailand|